Sunday, March 22, 2009

Way too short...

Well we are back and I already miss the warm weather and sunshine. I haven't quite adjusted back from the 86+ temps to our 50+...lets just say the heat is turned up! We escaped the dreary winter to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico and stayed in Playa del Carmen. We played hard and relaxed even harder. So here are some pictures from our little get away...I must warn you there are alot of pictures, but what is a vacation without lots of pictures?

First thing we did when we got there was jump for joy....



We enjoyed the beach everyday...how can you not indulge in the turquoise water and soft white sandy beaches of the Caribbean?




I got to see Mike wear flip flops everyday! (which I love by the way)

We went to the Mayan ruins...climbed one of the tallest ruins in Cabo.The tallest one still standing is in Guatemala (can't claim that glory from my brother:) After that I felt like my legs were never going to work again, but somehow I made it down. The view from the top.


We ventured out on a tour to visit the actual Mayan villages that are still around the area to have a little adventure and an authentic Mexican lunch. We were able to kayak, repel, swim in a cenote (underwater cave), zip line and best of all actually get to see the real beauty of Mexico vs the tourist area. I was very impressed with how much this tour company has helped these little villages tap into the tourist economy to help them be sustainable.

I had a hard time seeing all the stray dogs and some of their conditions but while we were waiting to head out this little puppy ventured over to us. Edardo, yes Edardo, not Edwardo, he actually corrected Mike twice, and his sister Rosario followed and it was fun to listen to Mike speak Spanish, chillin with the kids.

The nights were just as beautiful.